Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Introduction: Ridiculously Hard Questions

Yes, I'm late in answering these 15 Ridiculous Hard Interview Questions, which were posted on the Huffington Post website in December 2010. I saw the Huffington Post article today and thought it would be enjoyable to write down, after 5 minutes for each, an answer for each question. I'll answer these questions 1 thru 15 in "real time" meaning that the blog posting times will indicate when each question was completed. I will take short breaks after a couple of questions and at some point I must break for dinner.

Why would I answer these questions? Because these are not ridiculously hard questions. These are fun tests of intelligence or problem-solving ability. These questions test how someone finds an answer, plans a course of action, or faces a tiny problem. If you can't think your way through one of these puzzles, how will you handle more challenging projects or clients? As such, these are "perfect" questions, if not for measuring cleverness and curiosity, then at least for measuring eagerness to face of a challenge.

Why would I post these answers online? Because I wanted to post my answers in the comments section but the message board for the article is closed. I would look forward to hearing from a hiring manager (see About Me section) and getting 2 or 3 more questions (or at least one more).
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/30/job-interview-questions_n_802658.html#s217038&title=Goldman_Sachs_

Awaiting the 16th question,
Ariel Marie J

No comments:

Post a Comment